1. Description of the company
As one of the market leaders in the fashion jewellery and accessories sector in Europe, the Bijou Brigitte Group operates a network of about 1,100 stores in Germany and abroad.
2. Board of Management and Supervisory Board
Board of Management:
Roland Werner, Hamburg, Chief Executive Officer
Marc Gabriel, Hamburg, Chief Financial Officer
Jürgen Gödecke, Drage, President Sales
Dr. Friedhelm Steinberg, Hamburg, Chairman
Claus-Matthias Böge, Hamburg, Deputy Chairman
Matthias Ebermann, Hamburg, Employee Representative
The Bijou Brigitte Group owns:
Bijou Brigitte modische Accessoires AG as the parent company, and the following 100 % subsidiaries:
- Bijou Brigitte modische Accessoires Ges. m.b.H., Vienna/Austria
- Fashion Dream Limited, Hong Kong/China
- „Senso di Donna” Vertriebs GmbH, Hamburg/Germany
- rubin GmbH, Buxtehude/Germany
- Bijou Brigitte Sp. zo.o., Warsaw/Poland
- Bijou Brigitte modische Accessoires S.L., Barcelona/Spain
- Bijou Brigitte Divatcikk Kft., Budapest/Hungary
- Bijou Brigitte - Acessórios de Moda Unipessoal, Lda., Lisbon/Portugal
- Bijou Brigitte s.r.o., Prague/Czech Republic
- Bijou Brigitte s.r.l., Milan/Italy
- Bijou Brigitte Accessoires de Mode S.A.S., Strasbourg/France
- Bijou Brigitte Monoprosopi EPE, Athens/Greece
- BIJOU BRIGITTE INC., Wilmington (Delaware)/USA
- BIJOU BRIGITTE Limited, London/Great Britain
- BIJOU BRIGITTE AB, Stockholm/Sweden
- BIJOU BRIGITTE Oy, Helsinki/Finland
- Bijou Brigitte s.r.o., Trencin/Slovakia
- Bijou Brigitte UAB, Vilnius/Lithuania
- BIJOU BRIGITTE EOOD, Sofia/Bulgaria
- BIJOU BRIGITTE MODA AKSESUAR İTHALATİHRACAT LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ, Istanbul/Turkey (Bijou Brigitte modische Accessoires AG 99 %, rubin GmbH 1 %)
- S.C. Bijou Brigitte S.R.L., Rosia/Casolt/Romania
- BIJOU BRIGITTE S.P.R.L. Brussel Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode/Belgium (Bijou Brigitte modische Accessoires AG
99 %, rubin GmbH 1 %)
- Bijou Brigitte GmbH, St. Gallen/Switzerland
- BIJOU BRIGITTE – COMÉRCIO, IMPORTAÇÃO E EXPORTAÇÃO DE ACESSÓRIOS DE MODA LTDA./
São Paulo/Brazil (Bijou Brigitte modische Accessoires AG 99 %, rubin GmbH 1 %)
- Bijou Brigitte AS, Oslo/Norway
- 义乌市泰雅饰品有限公司 - Yiwu City Tai Ya Jewellery Company LTD., Yiwu/China
4. Product range
The Bijou Brigitte product range includes approx. 9000 items with high value for money. Constant material checks guarantee a high quality standard. The target group comprises fashion-conscious, mainly female customers who cannot be categorised according to age and level of income.
- fashion jewellery and high-quality, exclusive jewellery:
arm jewellery, body jewellery, brooches, chains, earrings, hair jewellery, rings
- real silver jewellery
- exclusive designer product series „Senso di Donna”
- gemstone and amber collection
- range of minerals and fossils
- children’s jewellery
- fashion accessories:
belts, caps, gentlemen’s accessories, handbags, scarfs, sunglasses, watches and more
On the search for new colour schemes, unusual forms and different materials the purchase team travels to the major cities of the world visiting the international fashion fairs. Current trends are realised in the themes of our new collections. Then, the saleability of the fashion items is strategically monitored. Our membership of the German Fashion Institute and our long-term experience as a market leader are also an important basis for the selection, development and purchase of all products.
6. Sales and distribution
Bijou Brigitte develops two jewellery collections per year in accordance with the seasonal changes in ladies’ wear. Our current product range is primarily sold in our own stores. The product path reaches from the producer directly to the end-user via direct import.
On 30 June 2014, Bijou Brigitte operated 1,099 stores. 59.9 % of the stores are located outside of Germany. At the moment there are Bijou Brigitte stores in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and the USA.
Due to the unique shop furnishing and decoration concept, the stores conform visually to the company’s corporate design. The shops impress through their light, pleasant shopping atmosphere, and are modernised at regular intervals. The frequently-changing decoration brings trend items to the forefront, and offers new buying impulses.
The stores are organised around the consumption habits of the customer. They are situated exclusively in top locations. The presentation of the items and the shop design are uniform, specialised customer service is competent and suited to the customer. Store managers with a proven qualification for the job are responsible for the management of the retail shops.
In 2008 Bijou Brigitte introduced the new distribution concept Concession Stores to Germany. The display stands, presenting a selection of top articles from the Bijou Brigitte product line, were developed in-house. In the mean time there are about 400 Concession Stores. In September 2010 the group opened its first international Concession Store in Italy. At the end of 2013 the first Spanish store was established.
On average, the Bijou Brigitte Group employed a total of 3,117 staff domestically and abroad in 2013 (including the part-time workers, whose hours have been converted into full-time).
8. Store premises
The stores operated in Germany and abroad are exclusively located in rented premises. The standard rental term is 10 years plus an option to extend by a further 5 to 10 years.
The company headquarters are located in company-owned premises in Hamburg-Poppenbüttel. The land area is approx. 16,000 m2. The operating area comprises approx. 30,300 m2.
Hamburg, September 2014